Friday, December 5, 2008

Sammy's surgery day

This morning around 8 AM the technician called me from the clinic to let me know that Sammy was already being prepared for the surgery which should take place soon. The entire process takes 3 to 4 hours, so they would call me around noon to let me know how everything went. The informed me that Sammy slept well and he was doing great so far.

At noon, they called me back and let me know that the surgery went perfectly and Sammy was already in recovery. Sammy would be ready for a visit later, but they wanted us to check before going to visit him.

Around 7 PM I called to see if Sammy was ready for a visit, but they let me know that he was very sleepy still. So, based on our experience the day before, we decided to leave him alone, so he did not have to be taken out of his cage for us to see him in the visiting room. They told us that he was doing great and that they will take care of him during the night for him to be comfortable.

No comments: